William Hooper likely built the original house shortly after he purchased the property in 1842. J. Mitchell Reid probably reconstructed the original house around 1908. He may have incorporated parts of the original dwellings. Around 1920, Paul Willis likely further expanded the house and added the final touches. Local school teacher Sue Creighton lived at the house for 49 years.