East New Market

Property Reports

Main Street

Francis Elliott House

In 1790, Francis Elliott built the original house on this lot.  From 1801 to about 1909, the house was owned continuously by the same family, which included members of the Thomas Jackson, William Harrison, and Thomas B. Sherman families, who were related by marriage.  Members of this family lived in the house during this time frame, but not continuously.

Descendants of William Richard Sherman state he owned this small frame house.  He ran a candy store out of the front of the house and he lived in the back.

Charles Webster either moved or destroyed this house between 1900 and 1910.